X60 Network Map Wrong, Shows Wireless Devices Connected to Far Satellite as Wired to Near Satellite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 Network Map Wrong, Shows Wireless Devices Connected to Far Satellite as Wired to Near Satellite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-16 21:03:49
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hi all,

Have a funny one. Here's the full backstory in case it's helpful:

Have had a 2-unit deco X60 system for a couple of years. It had wired backhaul with the Theater Room deco as the main in Router mode. I recently added a third deco in the garage in wireless mode, moved the arris surboard modem down to the office (where my network switch is located) and set the Decos to AP mode. Then, after figuring out my cabling, turned the system back to router mode with the office deco as the main. Lastly, I added a LAN cable to the garage deco and plugged it into the Theater room using the LAN port that was vacated when I moved the arris modem to the office.

So my correct network map today should be:

Internet - Office (main) - Theater Room - Garage

Instead, I get this:

d41cdbe327624a50955934f26d7aff5c

Second issue: there are a number of wireless devices (EP10s and the HS200) that are most definitely connected to the Garage deco. They show strong signal and, when using my phone out there, I get screaming fast download speeds that weren't possible before adding the garage deco AND wired backhaul. However, all of these devices show as wired connections to the Theater Room deco (the one that the garage deco is daisy chained off of) while the garage shows zero clients.

Firmware is all updated, multiple restarts, but also... it's working so I don't want to complain that loudly.

Any thoughts?

3b993ddc19dd4dad99e460d146fb1f98

Options
3 Reply
Re:X60 Network Map Wrong, Shows Wireless Devices Connected to Far Satellite as Wired to Near Satellite
2023-11-17 07:00:16

@LordBoofington 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Then please refer to the following suggestions to see whether they helped:

1. Unplug the Ethernet cable between the Theater Room Deco and the Garage Deco.

2. Reboot the Deco system once via Deco APP.

3. Refresh the Deco APP and check on the client list whether the mobile devices display the correct connection type and connected Deco.

4. Then put the cable back.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:X60 Network Map Wrong, Shows Wireless Devices Connected to Far Satellite as Wired to Near Satellite
2023-11-17 17:26:00 - last edited 2023-11-17 17:40:11

@David-TP 

Hi David,

App log has been submitted I followed your suggestions. Removing the ethernet cable corrected the network map, but all of the garage devices connected wirelessly to the theater room Deco with mediocre wifi stregnth. After replacing the cable, the network map turned back to it's incorrect layout again and the garage devices remained wirelessly connected to the Theater room for several minutes before those connections changed to show wired.

I'm going to try turning off the Theater room deco entirely and connecting the network cable between the Office and Garage decos to force the wireless devices in the garage to connect to the Garage deco. THEN put the Theater room deco back between them. Will let you know.

Update: No luck. With the network cable between the Office and Theater room disconnected, I was able to get the network map correct with all garage devices correctly connected to the garage deco. As soon as the network cable was reconnected, the map reverted and all those devices started showing as being wired to the Theater room deco.

Options
2023-11-20 08:31:14

@LordBoofington 

Hi, Thank you very much. I have forwarded the logs to the engineers for further assistance.

Please check the email later for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options