Device Reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device Reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Device Reconnecting
Device Reconnecting
2023-12-10 09:29:31
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

So I've been having issues with this router. I had posted about it back in October. Still working with TP-Link Support to get a replacement.

This post is about something different though. Recently started getting alerts from the Tether app about a new device connected. One device in particular, an Amazon tablet. As you all can see from the picture, received 3 alerts about the device in question within less than an hour. Device was on but not being used at the time, just sitting on the nightstand.

Is this just another sign that this router is even more screwed up than I thought? Or could the tablet be dropping its connection and then reconnecting again over and over?

b4c0d2d944c04c2184f7b0d3c8b4879b

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device Reconnecting
2023-12-11 19:44:38 - last edited 2023-12-11 19:45:15

@techie_19,

I would double-check that Private Addressing is not enabled on the tablet, as it may be connecting with the same name, just a different MAC address each time.  It could also be reconnecting to the network during those periods to either receive data in the background, check with services, or simply renew its address.

After ensuring that the Private Addressing or Randomized MAC is not enabled, you may try setting an IP Reservation or MAC Biding to make sure that the device receives the same credentials each time it reconnects. Otherwise, try disabling a few of the more advanced networking features for the device, such as beamforming or fastroaming.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 1

Related Articles