Backhaul Network, Hidden SSID No more control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-20 23:47:58
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello community,

So,  i have teens that I desperately need to control web activity of.  I have two Deco X90s.

I have recently discovered my son accessing a hidden network.  I thought he was piggybacking off the neighbours or using a new router and network scenario.   But found out today that it is actually our network.   I now understand that with mesh systems there is nothing I can do about the hidden network.  But the issue is that when he connects to this hidden network none of the parental restrictions apply.  He has free access.

Please tell me there is something I can do..... otherwise this system was a very expensive mistake if I cannot keep the children safe.

All firmware up to date.

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Backhaul Network, Hidden SSID No more control
2023-12-21 02:06:43

@MavisBeaker 

Hi, welcome to the community.

As for the hidden wireless Backhaul on Deco, it does not allow mobile clients to make a connection. So I don't think it is the Backhaul network that he is connecting.

May I know how you find out he is actually on the hidden Backhaul? Maybe you could share some pictures/screenshots here?

Both the Main and Guest networks are allowed to be hidden but the connected devices will still be under parental control.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options