Deco BE95[Question & Concerns]

2024-04-29 18:12:01
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

Team,

I really love this mesh router, but I feel like the TP-Link team has forgotten about it and hasn't dedicated enough attention to it. I have noticed that they have been focusing only on the new products like the Deco BE 63, Deco BE 85(Came out with deco be95), Deco X & XE Series. Considering that many people invest $1200 in this premium router, we expect a little more.

My concerns are:

- When will we receive a new firmware release with new features that other Decos have?

- The advertisement of the mesh says that you get four streams in each band, but the 2.4GHz band is only getting two streams.

- The 6GHz-2 band is only for backhaul. For people who put effort into connecting the routers with an Ethernet cable, it’s a big loss of investment.

- I will never be able to use 320MHz in 6GHz. I heard that it is only supported by the 6GHz-2, which clients are not allowed to use; it is only for backhaul.

- MLO only supports two bands (5GHz & 6GHz). If the reason is that 2.4GHz is only Wi-Fi 6, that is fine, but there is another band, which is 6GHz-2, that is not being used.

- I know that you are working on VPN Wireguard, but when can we expect to get this protocol in NordVPN? OpenVPN is cutting out my gig speed by 800Mbps.

- is any plan for having more ipv6 protocols? Alumen ISP witch owns quantum fiber and centurylink here in usa, they only support ipv6RD.

- Is there any plan to get the Wi-Fi 7 certificate? Or has it been discarded for any hardware capacities? Deco BE 85 and 65 already have it.

I hope that you will take into consideration these concerns and that these features will be added with time. It should be noted that this route came out last year.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco BE95[Question & Concerns]
2024-05-04 06:19:13

@Luis-Camacho  totally agree with you.

Also:

* as I have tested - there is default 1500 of MTU size and we cannot change it on the router.

* Main mesh node sometimes turn on the fan consistently even of there is no any load and does not turn it of

* Main mesh node is very hot all the time (but the total bandwidth is very low)

* Does not support 802.3ad standard

* Any settings for the internal switch

* Deco app after some time of sleep cannot find any node, so I need to close it manually and open again

Options
2024-07-15 13:21:03

@Goshi same issues for me 

The main unit runs very hot.  I can't tell if the fan is working at all.

Wired and wireless network abruptly loses internet connectivity for like 30-60 seconds at random times with no information in reports and my cable modem is blue and vonnected the whole time.

I also have the same app issue where all of the sudden looks like my network is down as it can't find the deco.  I reboot the android app and then can see it 

Options
2024-08-02 10:41:01

DrJJC wrote 

I also have the same app issue where all of the sudden looks like my network is down as it can't find the deco.  I reboot the android app and then can see it 

It's not only you @DrJJC.

See:

- https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/637014?sortDir=ASC&page=2

- https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/650352?replyId=1391972

Options