Use IoT wireless network of satellite device in EasyMesh network

2024-06-13 21:02:56
Model: Archer AXE75   Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

fabaaecc315346359a0cbf0dbebcaa3aI currently have an easiness configured wireless network with the main router as an Archer AXE75 and a satellite device as an Archer AX55. Currently the guest network and the IoT networks are not a part of the mesh network and most of our smart devices are on the first floor of our house (main router is on the 2nd floor). Is there a way to activate the IoT network on the satellite device?

Additionally, TP-Link recommends the most robust router be used as the main router in an easymesh network which is the AXE75 in my case. Most devices and network traffic will be coming from the first floor (~80% or more) so the most capable router would best utilized on the first floor. The issue is our fiber internet ONT (modem) is located on the 2nd floor and we can't really relocate it. What kind of feature/performance reductions would we see by using the AX55 as the main router (2nd Floor) and the AXE75 as the satellite (1st Floor) since they will be using an ethernet backhaul?

I've attached a network diagram showing the current setup for reference. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Use IoT wireless network of satellite device in EasyMesh network
2024-06-13 21:17:29

@CPhilly 

Unfortunately for now, the guest and IoT networks are not extended with an EasyMesh configuration.  I have a somewhat similar setup and have the AX55 (on the first or ground floor) configured in Access Point mode without EasyMesh.  Swapping the routers won't do much for you unless you have a number of devices on the first floor that use the 6 Ghz band.

Options