Multiple Sonos devices, only one client shows in Deco app

2024-07-27 15:43:14
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 build 20240328 rel 43136

I just got the Deco XE5300 and it is working well for me so far. In my previous mesh setup with Google/Nest 6E, I was losing my Sonos speakers connectivity so I had reserved IP addresses for each of them. 

I have a Sonos Beam, Sonos Sub and two Sonos One SL speakers grouped together in the Sonos app. They all work and I can hear sound coming from each of them. I also see in the Sonos app that each of them have their own IP address. 

However, in the Deco app, I only see one Sonos device and when I compared the IP addresses between what I see in the Sonos app and in the Deco app, it looks like the device that shows up in the Deco app is the Sonos Beam. 

I have a few questions about this:

1. Since I have them grouped, does Deco have some logic to only show one "device" and not each of the components of the group?

2. If I wanted to give each of the components their own IP address, is there a recommended way to do this? Perhaps, remove them from the group, assign IPs and then group them again? 

3. Of course, if this is not because of the grouping, any idea what may be the reason I am only seeing one of the Sonos devices and not all? 

To repeat, this is not about Sonos not working. The speakers work fine. I am trying to figure out why I am not seeing 4 devices and only seeing one. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 79

Replies: 0

Related Articles