Configure tp-link Wi-Fi 6 router and three tp-link Wi-Fi 6 access points with the same SSID/password

Configure tp-link Wi-Fi 6 router and three tp-link Wi-Fi 6 access points with the same SSID/password

2024-08-19 12:37:16
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed and configured a functioning tp-link AX11000 Wi-Fi 6 router. Next, I want to connect it via Ethernet cables to three separate tp-link AX5400 (EAP670) Wi-Fi 6 access points to be located in a remote part of the house which the router Wi-Fi signal cannot access well. I would like to: (i) use the same SSID and password on each of the router and access points, and (ii) be able to roam seamlessly among the four devices without losing the signal on my iPhone or iPad as I move about the house. I need detailed guidance on configuring my access points to achieve such connectivity.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Configure tp-link Wi-Fi 6 router and three tp-link Wi-Fi 6 access points with the same SSID/password
2024-08-19 16:56:17

@Gor-Mahia1 

I would think you need to set up a mesh network. If all the routers are are onemesh, you should be able to do it. 

Options
Re:Configure tp-link Wi-Fi 6 router and three tp-link Wi-Fi 6 access points with the same SSID/password
2024-08-21 19:10:35 - last edited 2024-08-21 19:17:11

Hey @Gor-Mahia1 

Welcome to the community.

ArcherC8 is definitely onto something with the Mesh suggestion. For seamless coverage and roaming, that's what you'd want.

However, the EAP670 is classified as an Omada product (business/enterprise networking), while the AX11000 is an Archer Router (home networking). OneMesh and Omada Mesh are not compatible, so a genuinely seamless mesh solution with your hardware selection would not be possible.

If your goal is seamless coverage and device roaming, you might want to consider our Deco Mesh product line.

Alternatively, if you are open to considering an Omada Mesh solution in your home, please refer to our FAQ on Mesh Networking with our EAP Products.

Options