Can I mix and match different Deco models and at what extend. Have X75 now, want WiFi7 as main

Can I mix and match different Deco models and at what extend. Have X75 now, want WiFi7 as main

Hace 6 horas - last edited Hace 6 horas
Model: Deco X75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

Can I mix and match different Deco models and at what extend. Have X75 now 2pack, It does not work well with devices otside the house

want WiFi7 system like BE63 as main unit and spread those 2 X75 farther away in the house to get better coverage outside. Will it make any difference? Does it even work that way? Will BE63 or similar model work back with X75 as sattelite? Any adventages in this setup or just go with something else?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I mix and match different Deco models and at what extend. Have X75 now, want WiFi7 as main
Hace 6 horas

Hi  @comm3000 

Welcome to the community!

Yes, all of our Deco Mesh models are compatible with each other and can be conveniently added to your existing Deco Mesh Network via the Deco App.

Yes, you can install the BE63 as your main and XE75s as satellite nodes using the Deco app

Adding another Deco node will definitely make a difference in coverage, since it will allow you to relocate your existing nodes to new, further and more spread out locations. Exactly how much of a difference it will make will depend on a multitude of factors, including, but not limited to:

1. Where is the main node placed? 

2. How many sq ft are you trying to cover?

3. How many walls, and of what material, are obstructing the connections between Decos?

4. How much farther away are you trying to extend the connectivity of your Mesh Wi-Fi Network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 24

Replies: 1

Related Articles