HS210 Installation Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS210 Installation Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS210 Installation Issue
HS210 Installation Issue
2019-01-21 06:07:45

I have two 3-way switches controlling a hallway light and purchased the HS210 to replace.  Only one of the 3-ways has the neutral (white) wire, so I only replaced that one.  The outlet had the neutral, common wire, two travelers and a previously unused ground.  I connected all of these wires to the new HS210 as provided but it is unusable. When the other 3-way switch is in the on position the HS210 doesnt power on at all and the manual does nothing (and shows offline in the app). With the other 3-way switch in the off position the HS210 powers on and connects but is not usable in the app (I get a "local only" indicator). When I press the manual button I hear it click and the light comes on for a half a second before shutting off again, and the HS210 power cycles.  I have to wait a few seconds for the 210 to come back up but pressing the manual does exactly the same thing.  I've seen videos of other people with exactly the same setup able to use the 210 with just one connected, so it should be possible for me as well.

Does anyone have ideas on this?  TIA.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 Installation Issue
2019-01-22 17:45:18

@eserlin 

I have a simialr setup in my home.  I have to keep the manual switch in the "on" setting for mine to work as well.  My understand is that this is because one of the switches is connected to the Live wire and the other is connected to the Load wire.  The live wire is the one that is essentially always on.  This is so the HS210 has power for its wifi module and allows for remote control of the lights.  While we are not experts when it comes to electrical wiring I am betting that there is a loose wire or something to that nature that is causing the lights to come on just breifly and shut off.  

For the issue with local only.  Once the power is stable that can be fixed by going into the option settings for the plug and turning on Remote Control.  

I would honestly recomend having an electrican come out and just make sure the plug is installed properly.  It is what i had to do myself. 

Best Regards

Carl 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1228

Replies: 1

Related Articles