3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2021-11-02 22:41:59

@Connu I'll try again tonight. Was hoping it would fix itself before I have to resort to resets. 

Options
2021-11-04 16:40:40

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that there is a new beta firmware (v1.0.10) available containing modifications and bug fixes. If anyone has encountered any issues with their KS230, we recommend manually updating to the beta firmware to see if it addresses the issues for you.

The beta firmware can be downloaded here.

Release notes:

1. Enhanced the stability of the KS230 and fixed the bug where the lights may turn off unexpectedly.
2. Fixed the bug where Alexa can not turn off the KS230 properly.
Note: This beta firmware cancelled the Double Tap function in order to enhance stability, so the double tap rule of the main and satellite switch will not function. The long press rule can still function.
Furthermore, by disabling the double-tap motion, the KS230 will also respond faster to the single tap, since there is no extra time to distinguish the different types.

Fixes were also applied based on the following two feedback items from users here on the forum:

•  Amazon Routine to toggle switch off fails with Alexa and the kasa app reporting the lights off when they are actually still on.
  •  Lights occasionally turn off on their own.

Additional points of feedback addressed: 

•  Long Pressing including custom settings works but Double Tapping doesn't work and behaves like a single tap to turn the lights on or off. (remote switch only)

- This beta firmware disables the double tap.

• Switch is not editable when setting up a scene.  The default setting is 100% and the app won't advance to edit page.

- We will resovle this issue in the next version of the Kasa APP. 

We greatly appreciate your continued feedback, as well as your patience and cooperation while our engineers work to address the concerns brought up in this thread.

Options
2021-11-05 14:30:32

Just installed the new firmware and it has absolutely resolved the issue of failure to shut off after a composite (on plus dimming level) command -

works perfectly now. 

I personally had not experienced any issues with it turning off unexpectedly (prior to the update), or disconnecting from WiFi and rarely use the physical buttons for anything; so beyond just initial functionality testing, I don't utilize those consistently so can't comment with any authority on those aspects of the upgrade.  

Options
2021-11-08 20:57:09

I cannot believe this switch was released to market. The app refuses to connect with it, even though I am on the device's wifi. Pressing either switch results in the light coming on, then immediately turning off. I have several dozen 200, 210s, and 220s - which all work flawlessly. What a disappointment this thing is.

Not to mention the non-standard wiring...  

Options
2021-11-09 01:19:47

Exx1976 wrote

I cannot believe this switch was released to market. The app refuses to connect with it, even though I am on the device's wifi. Pressing either switch results in the light coming on, then immediately turning off. I have several dozen 200, 210s, and 220s - which all work flawlessly. What a disappointment this thing is.

Not to mention the non-standard wiring...  

@Exx1976 I'd agree the switch should never have found its way to Amazon in the not-ready-for-primetime state it was in.

However, what I'm wondering about is the "non-standard wiring". Could you elaborate on that? I don't have the switch, so I don't know what is being referred to.

[FWIW, I was one of the many eagerly awaiting release of the KS230.]

TIA

Options
2021-11-09 02:35:50 - last edited 2021-11-09 02:36:25

Hello @Exx1976 If you mean the light will dim and go off after being turned on, this has been fixed on the new firmware.

If the app does not find the kasa smart device, try to turn off VPN on the phone.

Please manually connect to TPLINK _ Smart XXX SSID when the app guides to connect to smart device's Wi-Fi, and go back to the app, or device could not be found by app.

iOS: Go to the Settings -> WiFi-> manually connect to the Smart Device's  default SSID.
Android:  if app says unable to connect smart Wi-Fi; go to the Wi-Fi Settings, manually connect to smart device's default SSID then go back to app. 

Options
2021-11-09 03:40:54

I know a lot of people are having issues with the switch, but it's working fine for me. The only issue that I have is that thr satellite doesn't have the ring on when the light is off. I use Google Assistant and it works fine for me. The lights never it turn off by itself as well (actually, one time, long ago)

Options
2021-11-09 14:35:50

Do we have an updated release date on when this will be available for purchase on Amazon?

Options
2021-11-09 14:53:52

@AMDPower 

It is available on Amazon currently: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CX9G1WT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QDQNA31ZA139DXTGMZ12

Options
2021-11-09 15:02:25

@titanvex oh man... had no idea. Just ordered. Thanks!

Options
Related Articles