HS220 slow coming on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS220 slow coming on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
83 Reply
Re:HS220 slow coming on
2022-01-24 23:19:48

@Solla-topee , we know an instant-on is possible, as the Kasa app turns on lights instantly and so does my integration with Home Assistant.  What has been the difficulting in getting this into the firmware for the buttons?  As many of us have confirmed, even shutting off all double/long options doesn't make it much faster. Can you explain why?

Options
2022-01-25 08:06:07 - last edited 2022-01-25 08:10:01

Hello @jyg 

Last time I discussed your test result with our engineer, and I was told around 500ms of turning on the light should be usual and acceptable, my understanding is that the bulb itself takes some time to respond ( Led or incandescent bulb itself need time to get power and  light up) and that should not be very noticeable or affect the actual usage.

If you mean APP control and Home Assistant Control is faster, this may require some further test, can you help share that with our engineer on your support email TKID211109805 as well and see if they have any further explanation for that. Cheers 

Options
2022-02-05 14:30:12
where is the hardware v3 beta firmware!? it's been months since you offered the hardware v2 beta. if this lag when physically pressed does not get addressed soon, i'll be returning the 24 kasa dimmers i just bought from amazon.
Options
2022-02-05 14:38:13 - last edited 2022-02-05 14:39:30

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @jyg 

Last time I discussed your test result with our engineer, and I was told around 500ms of turning on the light should be usual and acceptable, my understanding is that the bulb itself takes some time to respond ( Led or incandescent bulb itself need time to get power and  light up) and that should not be very noticeable or affect the actual usage.

@Solla-topee 

acceptable according to who? Obviously not your users. 500ms is entirely UNacceptable. There's no reason to delay the light at all! Set it to 0ms or as close as you can if double-click functionality is disabled; there's really nothing else we're asking for here. Nothing in between will suffice. 

and no, it's not a problem with our lights. The app triggers the bulb to turn on immediately. The switch has a delay which you've demonstrated is within your ability to control. Remove the delay entirely or get as close as you can. 

this is such a serious, yet easy to fix issue with the CORE functionality of your product and yet we're being treated like we're asking for something big and unreasonable. How are your engineers able to rationalize this ?

Options
2022-02-05 15:23:10

Face the facts. They are not going to come up with a real solution. This post was created in December 2020 and it has been going on longer than that. Those of us that want instant on dimmers need to look elsewhere. It is a shame because it is, otherwise, a solid product. I had one dimmer that I absolutely needed the light to come on  faster and I replaced it with an Amazon Basics dimmer. It is not instant but comes on twice as fast as the HS220. I have two others that I can deal with the slow start, but it annoys me every time I press the switch for the light to come on and I have to wait.

Options
2022-03-02 10:42:36 - last edited 2022-03-03 06:28:35

@jrbenedet @mmcd75 @sadmelnkoly @Carnious @Sidz @jryliu @PengC 

Hello everyone, 

New beta firmware for HS220 V1 & HS220 V3 is now available, please check  #15 or page 1 of this thread 

Note it is suggested using a Windows computer to upgrade the beta firmware, please feel free to let us know this help reduce the delay when  dimmer switch is turned on. 

Options
2022-03-03 04:45:32

I installed the fix for my HS220 v.1. The lights come on faster. Not quite instant, but faster than they were. I also switched from Fast Fade On Speed to Instant Fade On Speed. Thanks for FINALLY making this option available. 

One "new" feature I noticed in the app was that you can toggle off the LED Status on the HS220. I was so excited when I saw this because the LEDs are distracting when I am trying to sleep. Then, suddenly, I was disappointed because the feature is not available for HS210 switches. Maybe in a few more years...

Options
2022-03-10 06:35:18

@Solla-topee 

Hi, I tried to upgrade my V3 using the firmware but the software could not find my device.

Turning firewall off did not improve either. please advise.

Options
2022-03-10 08:12:48

Hello  @Chen0124 

• Please confirm you control smart switch on Kasa APP when phone connect to home Wi-Fi network first. If not you could factory reset the switch and set it up again on kasa app.
  • Then Laptop/ PC connected to the same Wi-Fi network and try upgrade firmware.
Options
2022-03-11 04:53:22
Thanks! Got it to work now. The response is definitely faster. However, I would appreciate if there is no delay at all. Thanks
Options
Related Articles