HS210 not compatible with either of my 3 way switches?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-23 17:10:02
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've looked through the help and tried searching but am coming up with inconclusive answers. I have wiring to 3 lights on my garage that I was hoping to control with an hs210 (have several other tp-link products that work great and installed with no difficulty).

i thought my 3 way switches had a neutral since there was a bundle of white wires in one, but looking further one of those whites is connected to the switch in the house. Near as I can tell I have the included wiring schematic to them. Is there any chance one of these switches will work in either the house or garage location?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS210 not compatible with either of my 3 way switches?
2021-01-23 17:39:04

@Blusmbl As your wiring diagram shows the neutral goes directly to the light fixture.

You do not have a neutral at the switch boxes.

Options
2021-01-23 18:36:52

@B.Will thanks. I just stuck a meter on it and the white bundle is reading +121v when I put the + on white and - on black, so definitely no neutral.

Are there any products that will work on this circuit or will it have to be completely rewired if I want to add automation to it?

Options
2021-01-23 18:44:35

@Blusmbl You should measure from ground to each lead. Then flip the switch and measure any lead that showed 0volt before.

I have not used other products.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1028

Replies: 3