TP-Link travel router (TL-WR902AC) Won't connect to WiFi for bridging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-08 20:36:22 - last edited 2021-11-22 09:39:46
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-Link travel router (TL-WR902AC) that I'm trying to connect to a WiFi network called ResortNet at a Worldmark facility where we visit often.  The goal is to do WiFi to WiFi bridging.

The problem is that to connect to that network, I have to visit a web page and log in with a username and password, and cannot simply enter a WiFi network password.

I tried doing the log in with my computer, then cloning the MAC address to the router, but this was unsuccessful.

On my prior (now failed) travel router (a D-Link DIR510L, that as far as I can tell is no longer made) I could connect my computer to the router's WiFi signal, then use a browser on the travel router to connect to ResortNet and log in, at which point I could do the WiFi to WiFi bridging.

Does anyone know of a way to replicate this with the TP-Link router or have other suggestions?  I really thought the MAC address cloning would work and was disappointed that it didn't.

Thank you.

Kevin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link travel router (TL-WR902AC) Won't connect to WiFi for bridging-Solution
2021-11-22 09:39:40 - last edited 2021-11-22 09:39:46

Hello @kolepard and all,

If you encounter an issue when trying to connect the WR902AC to an open Wi-Fi network, please check the solution we provided here:

[Solution] TL-WR902AC Won't Connect to Hotel Wi-Fi

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link travel router (TL-WR902AC) Won't connect to WiFi for bridging-Solution
2021-11-22 09:39:40 - last edited 2021-11-22 09:39:46

Hello @kolepard and all,

If you encounter an issue when trying to connect the WR902AC to an open Wi-Fi network, please check the solution we provided here:

[Solution] TL-WR902AC Won't Connect to Hotel Wi-Fi

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1544

Replies: 1

Related Articles