Lost wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lost wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lost wifi connection
Lost wifi connection
2021-08-01 17:27:02

All bulbs were working until I added a third to a group of two others. Tried resetting and keep getting error messages about not wifi connected. Now bulbs throughout home are exhibiting same behavior, with a couple exceptions.

Any help greatly appreciated!@

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lost wifi connection
2021-08-02 02:29:30

@Scottsmith411 Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information, make sure phone is connected to the default SSID ' TP-LINK_Smart Bulb_XXX' in set up process or bulb could not be found by Kasa APP. The default SSID has no Internet and it will disappear after bulb is installed successfully. 

• Turn off VPN settings on your phone 
  • Manually Connect to TPLINK _ Smart XXX SSID when the app guides to connect to smart Wi-Fi, and go back to Kasa app

iOS: Go to the Settings page, click on the Wi-Fi option to connect to the Kasa Cam’s Wi-Fi manually.

Android: Go to the Settings page to connect to the Kasa Cam’s Wi-Fi network. Once it’s connected, please go back to the Kasa app and click on "Try Again".)

•  for IOS14 and above, enable Local network Permission for Kasa app 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2937/

• Try a different phone

May I know the model of your phone and its Android or IOS version if the above does not work? May I have a photo of the Error message? 

Options