Kasa smart dimmer switch not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 21:00:15
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed a new kasa smart dimmer to control 4 LED dimmable bulbs. Dimmer is connected to the ground.

My question is - does the light fixture also need to be conected to a ground, I am using the below and they have only 2 wires - black and white, no option to connect the ground into the light fixture.

Sunco Lighting 4 Pack 4 Inch Slim LED Downlight with Junction Box, 10W=60W, 650 LM, Dimmable, 2700K Soft White, Recessed Jbox Fixture, Simple Retrofit Installation - ETL & Energy Star

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa smart dimmer switch not working
2021-11-04 09:07:12

Hi @fmcool  you may need to reach out the light fixture support to get more professional suggestion on the grounding question, thank you for your understanding.

Options
Re:Kasa smart dimmer switch not working
2021-11-04 15:06:59 - last edited 2021-11-04 15:12:05

@fmcool No, it doesn't matter whether the LED Modules are grounded - this is no difference from ANY light fixture - any bulb itself only has line and neutral regardless of whether the fixture is grounded so as far as the Smart Dimmer Switch goes. 

What problem are you having exactly? Or was this just a precautionary question before you power it up? 

Is this a new installation (rather than a retrofit)? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 849

Replies: 2

Related Articles