auto shut off not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-29 03:00:56
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Anyone notice that auto shut off smart action of a switch is not working when it is triggered via a scene?  i thought auto shutoff would work regardless of how the switch was triggered.

Options
3 Reply
Re:auto shut off not working
2021-11-29 05:55:36

@kasanewbie

Thank you for your feedback

• Please confirm device firmware and Kasa app are both up to date
  • Kasa app--Settings-- Syn time, make sure you select properly time zone and syn time as guide here 

How to Adjust Time Setting in the KASA app
can you help confirm some details if smart action does not work properly: 
1. the photos of the smart action settings
2. phenomena with more exact time : e.g. turn on XX scene at 8AM,  only bedroom plug turn on, other 3 plugs are off
4. the model of devices and its Mac address. (you could share MAC to us via private message)  

Options
2021-12-02 03:54:06

@Solla-topee 

• I am using IOS which updates to latest automatically.
  • Inside kasa app says no available firmware updates for smart switches
  • Time zone is correct already (los angeles time zone). After sync, time zone remained the same
  • photo below of smart action settings
  • scenario IFTTT - trigger if ring camera detects motion, turn on a scene which includes the single pole dimmer switch, active 24 hours/days
  • hs220 dimmer switch, IOS 14, iphone 12
Options
2021-12-03 03:06:32

Hello @kasanewbie

Really appreciated for your detailed reply. Photo you provided shows the set-up for Kasa Smart Action-  Motion Sensing with auto off) which is different and not interrelated with IFTTT settings.  Kasa smart action that requires a Kasa camera working as the trigger, and Kasa switch/ plug as the action. 

For IFTTT set- up, if I remember correctly it supports turning OFF but not Auto off after X mins, you could try to set IFTTT action as turn OFF switch and see if that works. 

How to make my Kasa devices work with IFTTT?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 3