tp-link kasa products won't reconnect to wifi after power loss or router reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-21 17:25:19
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a smart swith HS200 and a plug HS103. Everytime I lose power, or if i reset my router, they both don't reconnect to my wifi. 
Last time this happened I had to:
1. Factory reset them.

2. Reset my router.

3. Start the installation process like new

This is a giant inconvenience. I have an alexa plug, a wemo plug, a wyze camera and none of them have this issue. I'm in the middle of trying to reconnect my tp-link devices without rebooting my router and no luck yet. I deleted the devices from my kasa list, deleted them app, reinstalled the app, factory reset my tp-link devices and I keep getting to the last step of the installation process and they won't connect to my wifi. "Unable to Connect to Your Wi-Fi Network" 

I'm about the boycot tp-link.

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp-link kasa products won't reconnect to wifi after power loss or router reboot
2022-01-25 02:36:39

Hello @Kinahealth 

Usually kasa device will try to  rescan or reconnect Wi-Fi if the WiFi SSID disappear or no Internet connection. 

May I know could you reproduce the issue. e.g   every reboot of router, kasa failed to reconnect to router. 

• Please confirm kasa device Signal strength  is strong as Case 1 , Step 3:
  • https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2227/
  • Confirm router internet has come back after reboot or power outage,make sure other devices have internet from router

Can you help provide some information here to look into that further 

1. Model of router (better notes firmware of router)

Is it a Mesh  network, or router + extender 

2. How about the LED status on Kasa smart device after router internet restoration, is it Flashing/Solid Green, or Red?

how long router will take for router  to reboot and internet restoration, e.g.3 mins. 

3. After router reboot and internet is back, 

Can you control smart device in Kasa APP locally( when phone connected to home WiFi network )?

Can you control smart device in Kasa APP remotely (when phone is LTE mobile data or non- local network )? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 1