Change Account Name for Cloud Account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-25 23:02:23

How do I change the account name for my cloud accout.  It is currently my email address.  This email will be going away soon and I need to update it to its replacement.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change Account Name for Cloud Account
2022-02-28 05:46:49 - last edited 2022-02-28 06:11:41

Hello  @brradebaugh 

I'm afraid TP-Link ID email address can't be changed directly so far, you may have to factory reset smart device and set them up with the new email address. 

Thank you for your suggestion, we will add it in the feature request list. If anyone requests the same feature, please leave your comment below or share your idea on Feature Request board  , that will help with the feature evaluation.

Thank you

Options
2022-08-07 14:21:37

@Solla-topee I agree. Would be really important to offer the feature to update the email address for the account and also to allow for updating wifi and passwords. For selling smart home, changing email addresses, security and much more. It's hard to start over re programming everything especially if you have lots of plus and switches and automation and scenes. It's quite overwhelming. Definitely love my smart home, but without this option, I would seriously consider a different brand for the next time. Makes it hard to update internet to faster speeds or get Wi-Fi extenders or change providers. Always lots of valid reasons people might need to update wifi and/or primary email address.

Options
2022-09-19 05:29:29

@Solla-topee 

This has been a "feature" request for over three years with no action being taken. But it's not really a feature - it's fundamental functionality. How can you build a system that does not let a user change the email address associated with their account? Is there a responsible product manager, or do your engineers just function by seat of the pants? It's absurd to expect your users to delete and reprogram dozens of devices any time that their email address changes for whatever reason.

I spent over four decades as a software engineer, product manager, and product marketing VP, so I'm qualified to say the response from TP-Link is unprofessional and unacceptable.

Options
2022-12-12 17:10:17

@brradebaugh 

Add me to the list for wanting an easy way to change email addresses.  I have several KASA devices and the thought of having to reset them all, or start all over is NOT acceptable,   Even APPLE allows you to change your email address, with all of its associated complications.  

TP-LINK - ADD THE "CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS" FEATURE PLEASE.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 902

Replies: 4

Related Articles