HS220 Instaation Issue with lights flickering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-28 18:11:25
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am installing my 2nd HS220.  First one works great.  This one has lights flicking on and off at 1 sec intervals.  Talked with CS and they were no help.  Recommended I return and get a replacement.  Connects to WiFi easily, but lights flicker and switch is unresponsive.  Dimmer is controlling 2 mini eyeball lights (LED).  Shouldn't be over the wattage requirements.

Jeff

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS220 Instaation Issue with lights flickering
2022-03-29 01:47:59

Hello  @Jeff1956 

Please confirm you could turn ON/OFF light when manually press the HS220 dimmer switch, or there is might an issue with the wiring.

If light flickers , please confirm its a dimmable Led/ Incandescent which compatible with the ' Triac ' based dimmer, you may contact bulb support or check if bulb manual or spec mentions this. 

What should I do if the HS220 cannot dim the light properly?

Can I know the model of bulb and have a link of it? Does the lights flicker or completely ON/OFF like its switches ON/OFF by switch? 

Options
2022-03-29 13:07:47

@Solla-topee 

I could not turn the lights on or off with the switch.  There was no response from the light.  The lights were already on a non-smart dimmer and they worked fine, so they are definitely dimmable.  I checked all 4 of the wires and they were tight and appeared to be connected to the correct lines.  (neutral, ground, line and base (I think that's what its called).

Options
2022-03-29 13:09:16
The light isn't really flickering. It is turning on and off at 1 second intervals. I can't get the model of the bulb as its a ceiling eyeball light that is an all in one light and housing.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 3