Timer Silliness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Timer Silliness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Timer Silliness
Timer Silliness
2022-05-03 16:13:07

I just went to see how long a device had been on.  The timer shows it has been running 17/100ths of an hour.  Really Kasa?  Hours and minutes aren't your first choice for this stat? 

I shouldn't have to open Excel to see how long something has been running.  Let's see - 60*(17/100) = 10.2 minutes. Great, that's 10 minutes and ?? seconds.  OK, back to Excel and we can see that 60*.2 = 12 seconds.  Ah, MM:SS = 10:12.

I would love to see an improvement in the UI here.  Change it from decimal to HH:MM:SS, pretty sure you would have zero pushback.

4fb90b5d65174e3d9f8dc2954999349f

Options
1 Reply
Re:Timer Silliness
2022-05-03 17:39:17

@Jim222 

Thank you so much for your feedback. This would defintely make sense to add to the application. I will try and make sure that it will go through the right channels. I will soon be using this feature for my own setup and i can see how this could be inconvenient to use. 

Oftentimes, things like this are simply missed in the development process, or some calculation will not be working correctly. It is up to users such as you to bring things like this to our attention. Thanks again for your feedback. I also just submitted your feedback through our internal system.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1