Switches not working after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 23:10:30

I installed about 25 Kasa switches in my house and was very happy with them until I lost power for the first time.   Now pretty much all of my Kasa switches can't connect to the internet.    I was a Kasa forum post to.power cycle the router.    That was a huge mistake.   Now NONE of my devices in the entire house can connect to the internet.   I turned on the guest network on my router and it works fine.   What is the solution?   I'm using a relatively new Orbi router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switches not working after power outage
2022-06-22 01:38:41

Hello   @DerrickFarrell 

Smart device will try to reconnect to WiFi network and get services after Wi-Fi is interrupted and comes back,  if that's not the case, that could be related to how router handles the requests from smart devices.  Here are some other  tips to try: 

• Reboot your smart device first and see if connection recovers, for smart switch, press the Restart / Reboot button on the right button for 1 sec to reboot switch
  • Try to reserve an IP address on router settings for the MAC address of smart device

Change router DNS to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4.

If there is frequent power outage in the area, you might also  consider a UPS to provide consistent power for the router when there is an outage 

At the same time, can you help confirm some case details here and we'd like to look into that further

1. Model of router (better notes firmware of router) and your network topology: e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> smart  device

Is it a Mesh  network, or router + extender 

2. Can you access smart device locally when phone is connected to home wifi network? How about the Led status on HS200 

3. Your tp-link ID/ Email account or MAC address of the smart device ,please share via private message, thank you 

Options