Feature Request - ES20M/KS220M motion triggers actions on other Kasa smart devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Request - ES20M/KS220M motion triggers actions on other Kasa smart devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 17:35:28 - last edited 2022-07-25 17:38:54
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I would like to request a new feature for the Kasa Smart Motion Sensor Dimmer Switch, model E20M. Basically I would like for the motion sensor on the device to be able to also trigger other Kasa smart devices. For example I have one room that currently has two normal Kasa Smart Switches to control two different lights. Instead of buying two different ES20M to replace the two existing switches, I would like to only replace one. After replacing that one switch, I would like for the motion sensor on that switch to control the actions on both switches, e.g. lights on, lights off, etc. It should be able to control other Kasa smart devices such as smart plugs.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Request - ES20M/KS220M motion triggers actions on other Kasa smart devices
2022-12-26 05:24:08

@RojasNet2 

RojasNet2 wrote

I would like to request a new feature for the Kasa Smart Motion Sensor Dimmer Switch, model E20M. Basically I would like for the motion sensor on the device to be able to also trigger other Kasa smart devices. For example I have one room that currently has two normal Kasa Smart Switches to control two different lights. Instead of buying two different ES20M to replace the two existing switches, I would like to only replace one. After replacing that one switch, I would like for the motion sensor on that switch to control the actions on both switches, e.g. lights on, lights off, etc. It should be able to control other Kasa smart devices such as smart plugs.

From what I can tell based on reading these forums, TP Link support is non existent or just outsourced. So they support doesn't actually make it to the developers. This forum is just a sounding board for people to vent frustrations and be ignored. 

I opened a super ticket, but 99.999% chance they'll ignore it or just give me a canned response.

As a work around using something like smart things you can say "if light 1 turns off then turn off light 2" 

Would be nice if they allow access to the motion detector separately, but again that request is being ignored in other posts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 675

Replies: 1