Just Installed Extender and It Broke My Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 00:51:47 - last edited 2022-07-26 00:53:31
Model: RE105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I installed it fine and then when I went to get onto my computer my internet was completely down. I tried everything I could to get it to connect. I checked the lights on the modem and they were all good. I unplugged the extender since that was the only thing I had changed recently and the internet was still down. At this point I reset my router. Still nothing. I finally plugged the extender back in and my internet came back as soon as it did.

This concerns me. I need to know what caused this and how I should go about fixing it. Is it going to go out again when I unplug the extender? What happens if the extender breaks? Am I just going to be without internet then? It was almost as if something was blocking my internet signal. And how was that possible with the extender unplugged?

I'm worried this is going to happen again. I couldn't find anything in the FAQs and I tried contacting live support and no one is showing up in the chat. Any help would be appreciated. And also, the internet was out on all my devices. Not just on my computer. My phone too.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Just Installed Extender and It Broke My Internet
2022-07-27 01:08:28

Hello   @BuffyQuinn 

It's good to know router now comes back and has Internet. 

Unplugging or installation of extender should not affect internet of router. From your description router lost internet accidentally, probably due to loose Ethernet connection , glitch something else. You are free to unplug the extender and place it to the halfway between router and Wi-Fi dead zone. 

Make sure the Wi-Fi Led or Signal Leds are ON the range extender, which means your extender has connected to the router successfully. 

Options