KASA App V3.0 bug setting MODE White Light on a scene

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 01:53:23 - last edited 2022-10-09 05:55:02
Model: KB130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

I installed KASA App v3.0 yesterday on my iPhone IOS16 and I had to edit ALL my IOS Shortcuts because the IOS did not recognized the KASA settings, was a hard work because I have lamps, switches and plugs, but is working fine now.

Then I notice that all KASA scenes that set white color of my four KB130 light bulbs was not working. The scenes for colors or hot temperatures are fine. On the scene setting when I go to MODE > WHITE LIGHT and set the brightness and temperature, the temperature does not work, just the brightness work.

For short: On SCENE > MODE > WHITE LIGHT just the brightness work, the temperature does not work.

For my three KB130 Hardware V1 and firmware 1.8.11 it turns on or change but not with the temperature that is set for WHITE LIGHT, just the brightness.

For my only KB130 Hardware V2 and firmware 1.0.13 it  doesn't turn on when WHITE LIGHT is set. If it is already on with another color or temperature, It changes for the right brightness and but wrong temperature.

For example: if I set WHITE LIGHT to 7800K, brightness 100% it shows (and save) on the right side of the word "Mode", then a circle, 100% (7800K) but does not work right, it's always warm, really warm. The brightness correct.

If I choose on the bottom of the scene settings "Color Temperature +" it changes for a cooler color but does not set the right brightness (actually there is no settings for brightness then).

If I set a preset  for a cool color and use it on scene settings is does not work. It works when I click on the preset on the KB130 settings.

It is the only problem I have so far with KASA App version 3.0 but is a big problem for me. It a big bug that I hope will be fixed soon.

This problem breaks all my light settings, some that I use for special photos when the temperature is really important. I need to manually change on the light bulb setting, then what is the deal with scenes ? It's a bug because on the previous version was working perfectly. 

Anyone else have or notice this problem ?

Besides this the app looks great, to be able to sort the scenes is great !

Added: I turned off/on my iPhone, unsinstalled KASA 3.0 app, logged in again, always the same.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:KASA App V3.0 bug setting MODE White Light on a scene-Solution
2022-10-08 02:59:45 - last edited 2022-10-09 13:56:10

@ADRStudio 

Thank you for your feedback with the new Kasa APP 3.0 which brings the brand new UI design and some new features. 

For IOS, a new kasa APP V3.0.2 starts to roll out,  please check if the new version fix the problem?

To better assist with your case, we'd like to  create a support email for you and follow it up,  please check your email inbox for TKID221009349

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-08 18:12:30 - last edited 2022-10-09 05:55:02

@Solla-topee 

With the KASA app update to version 3.0.2 solved the problem. MODE > WHITE LIGHT It's working fine now

THank you very much for the quick fix .

Adriano

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:KASA App V3.0 bug setting MODE White Light on a scene
2022-09-29 18:14:19

@ADRStudio,

Hey thanks for the feedback, this looks like an issue that was immediately identified by our engineering team. There will be a fix coming out soon that should fix the issue. From what I can tell, this issue might be with the backend systems, so the scenes may begin working automatically when an update is made later this week, or early next. Otherwise,  keep an eye out for any app updates that are coming out, as new features and fixes will be added with every update.

Options
2022-09-29 18:29:31
Thank very much for the quick reply ! I'm be checking for the update, thank you !
Options
2022-10-08 02:59:45 - last edited 2022-10-09 13:56:10

@ADRStudio 

Thank you for your feedback with the new Kasa APP 3.0 which brings the brand new UI design and some new features. 

For IOS, a new kasa APP V3.0.2 starts to roll out,  please check if the new version fix the problem?

To better assist with your case, we'd like to  create a support email for you and follow it up,  please check your email inbox for TKID221009349

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-08 18:12:30 - last edited 2022-10-09 05:55:02

@Solla-topee 

With the KASA app update to version 3.0.2 solved the problem. MODE > WHITE LIGHT It's working fine now

THank you very much for the quick fix .

Adriano

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-09 05:58:26 - last edited 2022-10-09 05:59:10

@ADRStudio 

Thanks a lot for your providing for further feedback! Glad to know you can now set correct color temperature in the Scene with the new kasa 3.0.2 app~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 5

Related Articles