App is freezing all the time after update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-16 11:17:48

Hello

yesterday I came home and app was updated to 3.0.1

it seems that for every click in the app it freezes for like 5-10 sec per example if I change tabs

it worked very smooth before the app update and nothing else changed

any hints please? Im on IOS with iphone 12 pro max

Options
5 Reply
Re:App is freezing all the time after update
2022-10-16 20:00:13

@Guillaume12345 I agree, having the same issue here as well.  Except about half the time after freezing the app crashes and restarts for me.  It's rendered the Kasa app almost useless for me.  

Options
2022-10-17 01:31:53 - last edited 2022-10-17 01:44:06

@Guillaume12345 

@TreyKasaUser 

In another similar topic and a temporary fix has been found, for IOS, just toggle off the ' Local network' for the kasa app in the permission settings.
https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/584036

Of course, remember to turn that on whenever you need to add a new kasa device

Hopefully this can be solved soon.

Options
2022-10-17 23:25:28

@Guillaume12345 @TreyKasaUser,

Keep checking for updates to your Kasa App, even manually. My current android version is 3.0.3 and a lot of issues have been fixed. The team has been working hard to create additional updates and fixes for both the app and the cloud, so these issues will be fixed very soon! We apologize for the inconveniences that this is causing our users.

As another user said, disabling the Local Control setting in your Phone Settings seems to fix a lot of the delays and crashes that users are reporting. I have already gathered up all the feedback on this and sent it to the development team to explore. For now, users have found that disabling this feature and then reenabling the feature when adding a device gives them the best experience as the app stands.

Options
2022-10-17 23:28:13

@Guillaume12345,

My coworker who is also an iOS user is also on 3.0.3, so please make sure you keep checking for updates. As far as i know, Apple and Google release their updates by IOS version and device version, region-by-region. if you have not had another update to the Kasa app, rest assured one will come soon. 

Options
2022-10-20 06:48:45

@Guillaume12345 
Till Otc 19th, an updated version of IOS Kasa APP 3.1.2 has been released, please confirm your kasa app firmware is up to date.

Feel free to let us know for any observations, thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 5