A lot of devices (smart switches, smart plug) shows offline but connected to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

A lot of devices (smart switches, smart plug) shows offline but connected to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-21 18:35:41 - last edited 2022-10-21 19:02:42
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.1.2

Hi All,

I have over 50 kasa devices( smart switch/ plug / bulbs), they are all connected to my eero pro 6 mesh system with 2.4ghz.

it was all working fine until kasa updates the apps to version 3.0.0, over 50% sometimes 80% of the devicss shows offline ( device unreachable) in kasa apps. However, most of them still work with Alexa voice command to turn on or off and run the schedule routine. I checked eero apps, and it shows that the majority of the kasa devices is connected to eero. It's just showing offline in the kasa apps. 

my iPhone iOS 16.0, is also connected to the same eero pro 6 on 5.0ghz. However if I connected my wifi to another router, all kasa devices will be back up as online in kasa apps.

please kindly advise how to get this issue resolve.

Any advises or siggrstions will be much appreciated.

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:A lot of devices (smart switches, smart plug) shows offline but connected to wifi
2022-10-24 18:51:50

@RSEQ,

Can you double-check your available updates for the Kasa App? The team has been constantly releasing updates to fix bugs such as this. There are a few solutions that the community has found to solve some of the issues for now.

1 - Just Reinstall the app - Sometimes if devices register as offline, or not on the account, the fix is to just uninstall and reinstall the Kasa Application 

2 - Try deleting the documents and data associated with the Kasa app on your phone, this will clear your phone of any settings or data from the previous version that may have been causing the incompatibility.

3 - On the homepage for the Iphones Settings, you should find the Kasa application near the bottom, try removing the local permission and relaunching the app. This seems to be the fix that helps the most people, however, this will prevent you from connecting new devices to your account, the setting must be enabled for any new devices to be added.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 395

Replies: 1