Long delay between motion trigger and switch action

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-21 16:29:35
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

I just installed a KD100 doorbell and a HS200 switch (HW 5.0, FW 1.0.6). They work by themselves pretty well. I then added a smart action to turn on the light for 5 minutes if the doorbell detects motion.

The issue is there's a several seconds of delay between the motion detection (the ring on the doorbell lights up) to the actual turning on of the light switch. This defeats the purpose of having the light on when people approach the door.

How can I reduce the delay/lag?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Long delay between motion trigger and switch action
2022-11-22 01:11:08 - last edited 2022-11-22 01:12:00

Hi there @stephenju 

Thank you for the case report.

Executing the smart action may take a few seconds as need go through the cloud,  when the motion is triggered and then the smart switch received the command and do the action, it can take a few seconds. 

To check if this is common, does the camera detect motion instantly and notifies you in the APP instantly? 

After the motion is triggered, how long the light switch will be turned on?  Can you share the MAC address of the switch, the camera with us via PM.

Please also take a picture of the Motion triggered time. Thank you. 

Options
2022-11-22 21:50:38

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply. I did some tests and find the issue seems to be the time it takes for the camera to detect motion.

Controlling the light switch from the app is instantaneous, even when I am on cellular network. So that's not the issue. I am going to try different motion detect sensitivity to see if it helps.

Options
2022-11-29 02:20:49

@stephenju 

Thank you for the more information, you may let us know for any new observations or need more helps~

Options