Votes

Duration Function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Duration Function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Duration Function
Duration Function
2022-12-31 05:09:32

I would like to have the ability to set a duration for my switches or light bulbs. It would be nice to set a time range between a start and stop time where if a light switch is turned on, it will turn off on its own after a set time determined by the app.

Namely, I have kids who gwt up in the middle of the night to use the rest room and then leave the light switch on. I would like the light to turn off on it's own after X amount of time.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Duration Function
2023-01-04 03:39:16

Hi   @Triple7 

Thank you for reaching out to the community and sharing the ideas. 

Do you wish to set up an auto- off timer for the kasa switch, this is available and called Smart Action 

Common questions about Smart Actions in the kasa app

When:

Kasa Switch

Turn ON

Then 

Turn OFF

Delay time  30 mins (auto turn off itself after 30 mins )

Options
2023-01-04 03:53:27

@Solla-topee 

That absolutely works, thank you!

I wasn't familiar enough with the nomenclature they were using and how to use thay function. 

Options
2023-01-06 06:33:51 - last edited 2023-01-06 06:34:30

@Triple7 Glad to know that works for you! No problem, I believe we can make it better and easy to understand in the future  teeth smile

Can you help mark a solution if this works, thank you! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.