Locking switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Locking switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Locking switches
Locking switches
2023-03-01 15:15:49
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hello, 

I was wondering if there is a way to either lock this device (KP-115) or hide it some where in the mobile app. My wife has access to the devices and I am worried she may accidentally shut off one of the switches, for instance a freezer that is on and monitoring energy consumption. She uses the app to monitor mostly the cameras to watch the dog or house occasionally. Also on occasion to dim the bedroom lights. I have several freezers and refrigerators that I monitor not to mention fish pond pumps in the summer and heaters in the winter. Should she inadvertently shut one of these off it could result in dead fish or spoiled food.

Anyone out there have any ideas.

BTW is there a manual available some where for Kasa devices as far as tips and settings?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

LaVaine

Options
6 Reply
Re:Locking switches
2023-03-01 18:33:22

@LaVaine,

Take a look at our product support page for the KP115. There are three sets of documents and manuals provided: KP115 Downloads

Currently, there is no way to 'lock' or hide a switch, but you can move the device to a separate home (under the same TP-Link ID) which will remove the device from the list of devices in your main home.

To manage the homes for your account, tap "Home" in the top left of the Kasa home screen. Under Manage Home you can set up another home with its own devices and rooms.

Options
2023-03-01 18:53:12 - last edited 2023-03-01 19:06:20

@Riley_S 

I am on an Android phone app, I am not seeing a home at the top left of the screen.

Do I need a subscription or perhaps an iPhone to create a second Home. When I click the home button on the bottom left

the name I gave the account appears on the top left. 

What am I missing here because your suggestion would work for me if I could do that. It would not show up under all devices is what I am thinking.

Basicaly what I'm trying to do is get certain devices off the "All Devices" list.

Thanks,

LaVaine 

Options
2023-03-01 19:31:04

Hey @LaVaine

The Ability to add multiple homes is a feature available to all users without a subscription(Kasa Care is only for Cameras). The feature was added in the last major feature update for the Kasa app, so please ensure that your app is up to date if you have not done so already.

The option to add a home should appear when you tap on the name of your home in the top left, where a menu should appear for home settings:

ca9d127f5b14497c9d662257440d93e8

Options
2023-03-01 20:58:29

@Riley_S 

This is what I see.

Options
2023-03-01 20:59:01
Options
2023-03-01 22:42:01

@LaVaine,

That "Home Settings" Option is where you should go to add another home, it is not just the settings for your current home, but for all the homes connected to your TP-Link ID. There should be a button on the home settings screen to add a new home. After tapping "Home Settings," You should be presented with this screen: e24726279ea645c7a00ce78cb41cb6f4

After you create a home, you can add devices to it through two different ways:

From the Home Settings, you can create a room and select the devices on your account that you would like moved to that area/room/home.

The easier method to transfer a device is from the main screen of the Kasa App, where long pressing on a device name will present you the option to either delete or relocate the device to another room/home(You must select your desired home from the dropdown at the top of the page)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 6

Related Articles