Locked out of the TP link app [iOS]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-18 08:11:16
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've updated the Deco app via the Apple store and am now locked out of it due to too many log in attempts. It worked fine until updating. Is there a way to fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Locked out of the TP link app [iOS]
2023-03-20 09:47:11

@wickedfierce 

Hi, you could click "Forget Password" on the Deco APP to reset the password for TP-Link ID once.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-20 11:22:07 - last edited 2023-03-22 09:18:39

@David-TP 

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

I'll give that a try.

as of now, the wifi network that was created works just fine, it's only the app that has problems.

-side note

-everything I have deco(firmware) deco(app), phone(iPhone) etc, is up to date

if anyone out there reads this (probably by a google/search engine) wait a bit to update the phone app (iOS). 

at one point it (deco app) signed in and from what I saw, the deco app can not see the network that -was- created before the phone app update.

while the wifi network works fine, you won't be able to use the app features unless you re-create it again.

I have family members that work from home using this wifi network so I'm hesitant in remaking it over a phone app update.

if/when I do, i'll try to respond again.

/Edit

3/22/23

looking into it a little more, yeah i'm going to have to re-network the working network if I want to use the phone app features.

to me, it's just not worth it until the network that was made breaks down and fails.

as long as I don't see Blue, Red, or Yellow LED lights i'm just going to do without the phone app until something else fails.

Options
2023-03-22 09:18:52
3/22/23 looking into it a little more, yeah i'm going to have to re-network the working network if I want to use the phone app features. to me, it's just not worth it until the network that was made breaks down and fails. as long as I don't see Blue, Red, or Yellow LED lights i'm just going to do without the phone app until something else fails.
Options