Camera failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Camera failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Camera failure
Camera failure
2023-03-22 17:14:22

Bought a KC410S in Dec22. Installation was easy & quick. This morning I noticed it was not working and had a flashing red LED. Last night, it was fine. Power cycled it a few times without success. Removed device and attempted reinstallation. Could not get to the green and orange flashing LED. Did a hard reset by pushing reset. Got a green and orange LED and proceeded to try an install. After a few minutes, it would not connect and red LED began flashing again. Looks to me that WiFi card (chip?) has failed. Unit powers up and moves. 

I have other Kasa devices that are functioning normally and my network is fine. 

Amazon won't take return and so far, Kasa has not been helpful. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Camera failure
2023-03-22 23:40:24

@DKBHouston,

I would honestly recommend taking a look at our warranty policy,  registering your device at https://myproducts.tp-link.com, and getting in contact with our live support. 

Saying that: If the network card was fried, I would never expect you to be able to set up the device. After the reset, did the device begin to broadcast the SSID for Setup?

If you are able to start the process, it is possible that either a connection is being blocked or there is an incompatibility that has been introduced to your network. Maybe try using the guest network of your router if you can get this far. Also, ensure that you have disabled any type of private addressing or VPN connections on your phone when trying to connect to the cameras network for setup.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 148

Replies: 1

Related Articles