Smart switch setup - unable to join home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-03 00:59:31 - last edited 2023-04-03 01:00:37
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to install an HS220 smart dimmer switch. I join the switch's temporary wifi network, which works, it then asks me which home wifi network to join, however once I select the network it just says it's attempting to join the home network. See attached. 

This eventually times out, and it suggests I reset the switch, which I do. But the same thing happens every time. 

I have about 35 Kasa smart switches in my home and this is the first time something like this has happened. Is my device defective, or is there some way to salvage? 

File:
Screenshot_20230402_205203_Kasa.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart switch setup - unable to join home network
2023-04-03 02:19:44

@slikrik98 

Thank you for reaching out. 

If other Kasa devices were able to connect to your Wi-Fi network, the smart switch should be able to connect the same Wi-Fi network too, would you mind double check some factors that may affect the installation :  

Case 4 Unable to Connect to Your Wi-Fi Network

- Please ensure that the correct Wi-Fi password was given during the setup process first. 

- Try to connect to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network. If possible, please also check if wireless security is WPA/WPA2 (AES) PSK

Feel free to let us know how it goes later. 

Options