Votes

Kasa Away And Vacation Mode Setting Feature Request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 11:47:13
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Hi TP Link and Kasa team,

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/174508 Kindly reopen this thread.  I would like the Kasa app to have an Away/Vacation mode.  I understand that each individual light can be programmed to Away mode, but I want a single place to set all lights or a select number of lights to Away mode all at once, and then to also return them to regular mode when I am back from Vacation/Being Away.

Should do the following: Click "Vacation/Away" Sets all devices in a group to turn on at xx:xx PM, turn off at xx:xx PM.  Could alter times for each device to keep burglars guessing.  These times can all be pre-set.  Otherwise you have to go in and manually adjust all lights to turn off/on every single time you go on vacation.  In USA this is done to give the appearance od you bring home for any passerby walking by house looking to rob/gain entry to what they think is an empty house.   Once you get back from vacation you would turn off this mode and lights would go back to their regular schedule.  Or you could set a start and end date for this vacation that's not just days of the week.   Please add to Kasa app!  Myself and loads of other users would be forever grateful.

Thank you, Ben

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Away And Vacation Mode Setting Feature Request
2023-05-03 21:53:59

@BenHouse,

I would be more than happy to forward the feedback to our teams as the feature would definitely be helpful to have the away modes tied to an automation.

While I am guessing, I believe that its current design is a result of the Away Modes being stored and operated on the device itself, and doesn't use the same system as Smart Actions, which occur in the cloud. This unfortunately means that they would need to most likely release a new firmware to your devices that would link the Away Mode and the Cloud Platforms together.

HOWEVER, You should begin to see news about a few major updates to our Automation platforms over the coming months, so make sure to keep an eye out for any changes in the Kasa App, as some of our community's most requested features are being added to the app - such as the new energy monitoring features.

I will also pass the feedback along that we would like to see more in-depth scheduling options for your Smart Actions, this way you could at the very least have a much easier time creating frequency-based automations that would mimic an away mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.