EC60 On.Off Widget and/or Motion On/Off Widget

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-19 16:40:20 - last edited 2023-05-30 08:07:35

EDIT: I found out that for iPhone it does not need the Widget to turn on/off the camera. Just create a shortcut and choose Kasa App --> Turn Device ON/OFF --> Choose your camera and create one shortcut for ON and another for OFF and is done :) Now I can ask Siri to turn my camera ON or OFF ! Anyway if is possible to do what I ask below I think I can have more options to program and control the camera. I must say Kudos for Kasa devices !

It will be great to be able to turn  my EC60 on/off in a Widget so I can control asking Siri instead the need to unlock my phone, open the Kasa App to do it, also great would be to turn on/off motion sensor if possible. 

I control all my other Kasa devices, about 22 (light bulbs, switches, plugs), programming, commanding with Siri or just accessing the Widget swapping the phone screen. and it works great.

I put my camera by a windows to check outside of my door and is working great, saving events on the cloud and so. BUT sometimes during the day I need to go in and out several times and each time it send me a notification and save the clip, I need to delete the notifications and delete all clips when I'm done. 

I can open Kasa App to turn it off or turn off motion, and back again, but takes a fill steps or clicks, it would be easier to just ask Siri as do with all others Kasa devices.

I don't think is big deal to implement the Widget/Scene at least to switch Camera Power ON/OFF with a Kasa Scene once the on/off is already there as on the other devices. The schedule is not a option for this situation.

So please, implement Camera ON/OFF on scenes, it does not even show the camera on device list creating a scene.

Thank you !

Options
1 Reply
Re:EC60 On.Off Widget and/or Motion On/Off Widget
2023-05-30 08:19:42

@ADRStudio 

Thank you for sharing! This iOS shortcut actually controls the privacy mode of the Kasa camera. Users can enable camera privacy mode If you don't want to stream the camera and record the videos temporarily.

Creating an iOS Shortcut and activating it by Siri is indeed a good method to control a smart action without operating the phone.  

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 1

Related Articles