Unable to setup a Guest network schedule

2023-11-22 13:14:47
Model: TL-WDR4300  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer A7(US)_V5_1.2.1 Build 20220714

good day. I saw an old locked post on forum where another user was looking for help with their settings for guest network access time. I have a similar situation with slightly different hardware (Archer A7, WDR4300 v5 running latest firmware). But when I go to the same Guest network section of router management  page (even in advanced mode) I do not see access time field to enter schedule for guest network like the screenshots in the guide referred to by user jmasek in the older post show (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81335). 

Is there a recourse for my setup to do the same? I saw three total firmwares available for download on TP Link webside support page for my router, but when I tried to manually update to the older versions in hopes this will bring back the access time, I got error message that this was invalid file type (I've attempted to upload a .bin file from the zip that I downloaded).

The whole thing is due to me trying to limit my child's internet time, I can't seem to do the schedule based on MAC address since his iphone always uses a 'fake' MAC when it connects to wifi, and I also couldn't find his PC's MAC address on the list of connected devices, even when it's on and connected to the guest network.

I'm running the above router with a RE220 range extender in a One Mesh mode if that matters. Setitings within the extender are largely greyed out as it notifies me that it's fed settings from the main router when in mesh mode.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to setup a Guest network schedule
2023-11-24 01:02:54

@NickoG 

put the extender in extender mode and use the advance/power settings to control time and a different ssid. You may need to get another extender to make it work for your network. 

Options