Kasa switches drop from wifi every day

2024-01-17 13:38:00
Tags: #Kasa
Model: KS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I have 3x KS200 Kasa switches that all disconnect from the WiFi everyday, showing a red LED. They reconnect right away after hitting the reset button. All 3 came from the same multipack. 2 are on one electrical circuit, 1 is on a total different circuit. 

I have TP Link Deco wifi and even moved the access point within 6 feet of 2 of the switches and they still continue to drop. Signal strength is -35 dBm and -38dBm. 

I've tried statically assigning the IP address to all 3 switches which has not helped and also tried various configurations with enabling and disabling features like Mesh technology, High Priority, Auto Band, static Deco connection etc. 

Have several Wemo devices I was planning to migrate to Kasa but I've now decided to think twice about that as these are more unreliable than the Wemos. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa switches drop from wifi every day
2024-01-28 15:35:33

@noxidmot 

I have a mix of KASA H100 and H200 switches. Recently several started disconnecting from WiFi. I have 2 TP-Link EAP615-Wall Access Points that provide the WIFI. If I reboot the AP's the switches will temporarily connect, but will eventually disconnect again. I updated the firmware on my AP's but that did not help.

Options