Deco AP's with Mikrotik Switch

2024-01-19 17:58:30 - last edited 2024-01-22 16:53:41
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 (X55), 1.2.7 (XE75), 1.2.5 (X50)

The X55 is my Router.

One XE75 Pro is in a wired backhaul

One XE75 Pro is in a wireless backhaul (connecting to the wired XE75)

The X55 is using a wired backhaul

These were all connected to a simple gigabit switch. Worked great.

Recently installed a Mikrotik CRS310-8G+2S+IN and noticed my speeds were terrible.

I turned off RSTP and my speed came back.

Mikrotik noted that my Deco AP's create a 1-2 second loop on the connection that RSTP is detecting and pinching off, as it is designed to do.

They noted that the AP's should not be doing that, and that it's a bug with the AP's.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco AP's with Mikrotik Switch-Solution
2024-01-20 00:52:17 - last edited 2024-01-22 16:53:41

@need4swede,

It is possible that while the Decos switch between Wireless and Ethernet backhaul a short loop may be created in the network for 1-2 seconds while the transition occurs. This is a behavior that exists as a result of how Mesh technology functions and similar behaviors can be caused by other mesh systems besides your network, such as the mesh used by Sonos Speakers.

If these Deco nodes are wired to your switch, you should be able to disable the Loop Detection feature on the switch ports connected to the Decos. Otherwise, enabling spanning tree after the ethernet backhaul has been established should help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco AP's with Mikrotik Switch-Solution
2024-01-20 00:52:17 - last edited 2024-01-22 16:53:41

@need4swede,

It is possible that while the Decos switch between Wireless and Ethernet backhaul a short loop may be created in the network for 1-2 seconds while the transition occurs. This is a behavior that exists as a result of how Mesh technology functions and similar behaviors can be caused by other mesh systems besides your network, such as the mesh used by Sonos Speakers.

If these Deco nodes are wired to your switch, you should be able to disable the Loop Detection feature on the switch ports connected to the Decos. Otherwise, enabling spanning tree after the ethernet backhaul has been established should help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco AP's with Mikrotik Switch
2024-01-22 16:53:58
That makes sense. Thanks Riley!
Options