Kasa Dimmer Switch Hs200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Dimmer Switch Hs200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa Dimmer Switch Hs200
Kasa Dimmer Switch Hs200
2024-01-28 04:50:17

I've had all my Dimmers connected in the past with no problem.

Recently Comcast sent me a new modem and I had to re-add a few things to this new network.

3/4 of my switches connected no problem...but my 4th one won't connect.

Ive Reset/Restarted it, the lights blink green/orange, I follow the set up instructions and connect to the TP-Link_SmartDimmer_2FEA network for the switch, then it asks me to choose a WiFi network to support the switch...I choose mine. 

In the next step the app is trying to secure the connection and stays loading forever until finally telling me there's a problem.

What I cannot conceive nor understand is how all of these were working perfect on my previous modem and now 1 of them won't.

ALL the other switches connected without fail and now this one is giving me an issue????

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Dimmer Switch Hs200
2024-01-29 23:36:23

Hey  @Adrian0122,

It is possible that your new router is using a technology that doesn't play as well, or is using a chipset that doesn't work as well with Smart Home devices. This is one of the reasons that many of the latest routers include the option to create an IoT network. 

Out of curiosity, is the 4th switch potentially closer to your router than the others?

If so, you may try disabling or separating the 5GHz from the 2.4 GHz network. The device should be able to automatically choose the correct band. However, some routers will try to force the device to a specific band that it does not support.

When you reset the devices, are you performing a soft reset (5sec) or factory reset (10s)? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 1

Related Articles