Votes

companion switch

Votes

companion switch

companion switch
companion switch
2024-01-29 06:57:42

I would like to see a few new products:

* a companion switch, a switch that's only used wirelessly, this way it can be put anywhere to control lights.  Perfect to add switches without rewiring.

* a multi-button switch, one wired and one or more wireless only where you would manage thru the app. (ex: leviton switch controller)

Options
3 Reply
Re:companion switch
2024-01-29 23:05:48

Hey @cosnomate,

Thanks for making the Request!

Our Tapo brand does have something similar, a wireless button (S200D) that is only made possible due to its use of a Sub-Ghz frequency rather than Wi-Fi to save power. If you want to try using the Sub-G button to automate your Kasa devices, there is an integration within the Tapo app that will allow you to see and automate your Kasa devices from within one app.

I will, however, make sure to forward the feedback to our Product and R&D teams for consideration for a Kasa variant of the button, along with your request for a scene controller. If you would like to provide examples of how you would use a scene controller, I would be more than happy to include them with your request.

Options
Re:companion switch
2024-06-20 16:01:26
Companion switches are definitely needed. I needed one for a wall that was inaccessible for wiring and ended up getting a Leviton switch and companion switch… I have replacing most of my standard switches to Kasa switches, so it is weird to have a non-Kasa switch in the same room as other Kasa switches…
Options
RE:companion switch
2024-09-06 17:48:53
A panel with many buttons 3-6 would be great to have. Buttons could be preprogrammed for different scenes.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 411

Replies: 3

Voters 1