Energy Usage

Energy Usage

Energy Usage
Energy Usage
2024-07-18 16:58:59 - last edited 2024-07-18 17:01:10
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

I realize this a first gen plug, and probably not supported, but my problem seems to more app related that device related.

When monitoring energy usage. daily usage and runtime shows correctly.  Past 7 and 30 days show nothing.  Is there anything

I can do to fix?

I have a second plug, same model, works fine in the app.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Energy Usage
2024-07-18 17:47:00

Hey  @BigToe,

I haven't heard of this behavior. Normally, the entire energy monitoring system will bug out.

Is the energy monitoring for real-time usage accurate? Has the plug always had this behavior, or is this a new development?

Has the plug been in use for more than 7 days, where the weekly chart would be full?

The data for energy monitoring is generally stored on the plug itself, not in the cloud. If you cannot see the energy monitoring data on another device's app or after rebooting the plug then you may be best suited to perform a factory reset (however this will remove your existing energy data)

Lastly, you could actually try to integrate your Kasa devices into the Tapo app to see if the energy monitoring is available there. This may help diagnose whether it was in fact the app, or the plug not reporting data beyond a certain time

We do have a debug tool to collect logs for devices in a similar state, but you may want to contact our support team to see if they agree that the logs would be useful or to help guide you through the process.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 109

Replies: 1

Related Articles