Kasa scheduler no longer working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-02 20:34:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had the Kasa scheduler controlling one of my bulbs and it was working fine. Earlier this week it has given up and the scheduler no longer works for any of my bulbs. I've created new schedules to test them and still no luck.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks,
Dan
Options
10 Reply
Not working for me either
2017-02-03 10:53:42
I had a repeating schedule I used and it no longer works. I use a bulb as my alarm clock so there was one morning of freaking out when it didn't turn on. I've played around with it and it seems like I can get one to turn on if I do a one-time schedule, but no repeating schedules will work
Options
Re:Kasa scheduler no longer working
2017-02-03 22:13:19
Strangely, it did work this morning. Will it work next time?
Options
2017-02-03 22:26:02
Same Problem

I am also experiencing problems with the scheduler. From the looks of things, it appears that some of my Smart Bulbs are confused as to what time it is. This confusion is probably within the Kasa app in the cloud and not in the bulb(s) itself. Here are a few notes about what I am seeing:
1. I have 10 LB120s and 1 LB130. They are all connected fine and work great with both the Kasa app and Echo Dot.
2. I have 5 of these bulbs scheduled to come on a various times/brightness in the morning as part of my wake-up schedule. 3 of them work as scheduled, 2 do not.
3. When I turn the bulbs ON (via Kasa app, not the scheduler) in circadian mode, the automatic bulb settings (brightness, hue) of the 3 "working" bulbs differs from that of the 2 "non-working" bulbs, which leads me to believe they don't know what time it is.
4. When I schedule the bulbs to come on at Sunset, the 3 "working" bulbs come on at the right time (as seen in the upcoming schedule icon). The 2 "non-working" bulbs show (via the schedule icon) that they are scheduled to come on way too early. This behavior also leads me to believe that they (or the Kasa cloud) don't know what time it is.
5. Just to clarify, the bulbs/scheduler worked fine until a couple days ago.

I tried resetting one of the bulbs with no change in behavior. I'll try again this weekend.

Is this just a problem with Kasa, and is there a fix in the works?
Options
2017-02-04 20:29:32
I figured out my problem: the bulbs know what time it is, but they have the wrong date and the date can't be changed through the app (from what I can see so far).
Options
Solved!
2017-02-04 20:51:20
I found this thread, which describes the same problem: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?92019-Smart-bulb-has-wrong-date

I went to Support and Online Chat and explained the problem and was given a link to download an (Windows only) updater. I was able to update the firmware in the bulb and it is now showing the correct date.
Options
Schedules - Cannot connect to server
2017-12-31 03:00:48
Recently found that the schedules I had set within the KASA app for my TP Link smart bulb had disappeared and I had an error message stating that I couldn’t connect to the server. Solved the problem by going into the settings for the bulb via the KASA app and re syncing the date and time. Had to resync twice for some reason but it did eventually allow me to Create new schedules. Possibly something to do with the clock changes to n October over as I’m not sure I’ve used the schedules since then?
Options
Does switching wifi interfere with schedules?
2018-01-11 19:55:13
I'm trying to understand where the control is...does the bulb itself have the schedules once programmed, or is it the cloud, or the app? Without going into too much detail, the bulb moves occasionally from one setting to another but the schedules stop. I'm trying to understand if the bulb isn't working because it can't reach the internet to get commands from the web, or maybe similarly from the app.

I assumed that once programmed and started in schedule mode the bulb kept going regardless of wifi.

Can anyone help me understand how this is working so I can adjust my plans?
Options
2018-03-13 08:37:59
I was frustrated by a similar problem, but have maybe found a solution.

I have four LB100 bulbs connected to my wi-fi. Two of the bulbs stopped turning on and off via the schedule I specified. I clicked on the icons in the Kasa app, but the bulbs did not show any scheduled on or off times at all.

Diving into the settings (click on the bulb > then click on the options button in the top right corner) showed that these two malfunctioning bulbs were set to a device time of "01/01/00". In other words, the time was set to the year 2000.

This can be fixed by going into the Kasa app's settings (the three horizontal bars in the top left of the main screen, NOT an individual bulb's options), navigating into "Location and Time", and either (1) syncing your location by turning on your device's location services OR (2) temporarily resetting your time zone.

Once I did this, all of the malfunctioning bulbs times were up to date and the previously scheduled on/off times re-appeared in the "Schedule" menu.

I hope this solution finds you. I was very close to ripping the bulbs out and returning them.

As for the cause, I haven't experimented yet...but the time reset to the year 2000 might have been caused by my wife turning off the power switch to these 2 bulbs in particular.
Options
2018-03-21 03:01:54
This worked for me perfectly after I lost my ability to have schedules work properly. I had a power outage during the night and things went apeshit with my bulbs. I was unable to see the schedules (can't connect to server message) and I verified that the dates were not synced properly on each bulb. They were listed with a year 2000 date. Once I synced my location and time again all bulbs returned to normal as far as scheduling and function.

ctrilla wrote

I was frustrated by a similar problem, but have maybe found a solution.

This can be fixed by going into the Kasa app's settings (the three horizontal bars in the top left of the main screen, NOT an individual bulb's options), navigating into "Location and Time", and either (1) syncing your location by turning on your device's location services OR (2) temporarily resetting your time zone.

Once I did this, all of the malfunctioning bulbs times were up to date and the previously scheduled on/off times re-appeared in the "Schedule" menu.

Options
2018-03-21 10:11:41
Thanks for the info Ctrilla. Got my entire system working again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3325

Replies: 10

Related Articles