Motion Detection alerts being received 5 minutes after actual motion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-28 00:55:08
Model: KC411S  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

For some reason the motion detection notifications don't get sent to my android cell phone very fast all the time. As an example: If I leave the house for a few hours, when I return home and the camera locks on to me and follows my motion, I receive the notification 5 minutes after the fact. Then once I get that first notification, the upcoming detections seem to alert me rather quickly. It's always that first detection that takes up to 5 minutes.

I've updated the camera and Kasa App. My internet connection is very fast. I have a high end cell phone. I have the motion sensitivity turned up to the highest setting. What could be wrong? I need instant alerts if someone breaks in. Not 5 minutes later.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Motion Detection alerts being received 5 minutes after actual motion
2022-07-28 01:38:27 - last edited 2022-07-28 01:38:37

Hello  @JV954 

Sometimes the battery-saving,  screen-lock settings or services on the phone may cause a delay on Android phone notifications.

Make sure Kasa app is allowed to run in the background and phone is allowed to receive notification when screen is locked, please also try some tips in FAQ here: 

How to Troubleshoot Android Delayed Notifications on Kasa /Tapo APP

It's good to know you have updated the camera and Kasa app. if the problem persists, please let us know the settings you've checked, share model and OS version of the phone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 1

Related Articles