Notifications will not turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-09 22:51:12
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.8

I am unable to turn notifictions on.  I have checked my phone (android) app settings and allowed the KASA app to do notifications, and i have changed the settings in the app to monitor 24/7 and inserted a SD card.  I go into the settings and set it to track motion/sound and when I back out of the section, the Notifiction is still toggled off.  I have also checked that time zone and time are correct.  Please help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Notifications will not turn on
2023-01-10 00:34:49

@NewKasaUser,

Usually when notifications have issues like this, it is a result of the app not properly gaining the permissions from your phone. I would recommend reinstalling the app and seeing if the behavior persists. Your device and automation settings will remain as they are stored in the cloud.

Are you able to receive notifications from other Kasa devices? or is it limited to only this device?

Options