KS200M Motion API access in Home Assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-09 21:31:16
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 230113 Rel.151038

Near perfect solution having a motion sensor built into the switch instead of a separate device. Really didn't cross my mind that the API/HA would not have access to control the motion sensor - lux or motion - really does not make any sense. It exposes the LED, but not the motion details?

TP-Link - I have seen other requests for this feature but vague on updates and I think it has been awhile. Is it a software or hardware limitation? Is there any update on this request. 

For now I will use the app directly for motion control, but would really appriciate some feedback if this is never going to get this feature.

Thank you,

Dan

Options
1 Reply
Re:KS200M Motion API access in Home Assistant
2023-05-11 18:12:09

@danm24,

I will see what I can do to get some more information about the request and get in contact with the development team.

There are many many changes currently being planned to the Kasa App and for the Smart Action platform, so this may be why we have not heard anything new, but we are still passing your feedback to the teams for consideration in future app and firmware releases.

Normally, when these types of extra settings are not accessible at an API/local level, it is because the calculation or data is being calculated at a cloud level, such as some of the energy monitoring features. With the introduction of more motion-focused devices to our product lines, I would expect to see increased support for the functions - however a feature update such as what you are requesting, often requires the development teams to create a new firmware for the device.

Options