LED strip issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LED strip issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LED strip issue
LED strip issue
2023-08-09 01:46:39
Model: KL420L5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

After 4 months of working fine, I came back from vacation to find my LED strip lights acting oddly.   I have an effect that I made in the paint mode to have all zones white but with 4 zones turned off.

If I go into paint mode, I can toggle the zone off, but then as soon as I hit save, it turns the zone back on.   If I change the zone to a color, it will save the color, but it will not save the zone as "OFF."

The reason I have it off is that it happens to be in a spot that makes a glare. 

I have reset the device several times (via remove device and button push for 5 secs, and then 10+secs), but as soon as I add the kl420 back, the effects come right back in the app.  I've made new effects, but any 'off' zones come back on as soon as the save button is hit.

I have no idea what to try next.  Why won't the zones that I want off stay off?!?!?!  

Options
4 Reply
Re:LED strip issue
2023-08-09 20:41:32
by the way, I am using the latest android app
Options
2023-08-14 02:20:58

@KCGR 

Upon checking, Kasa light strip does not support setting partial OFF, only supports selecting different colors, or setting ON/OFF for all. 

Please confirm whether you have set it like this before? Or did you set different themes? If you have any relevant pictures about it, kindly share here for reference.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-14 13:53:00

@Wayne-TP 

Yes,  I did have it set that way successfully for several months.  I think I had zone 18,19.32.33 off and the remainders with color.

Then it stopped working.  When in edit mode for that custom setting, the zones turn off.  When I hit save, they turn back on.   

I may just have to shield them.

Thanks

Options
2023-08-15 10:39:59

@KCGR 

Thank you for your update. To better help with this case, I'll transfer your case to our tech team for further analysis. Kindly check your inbox later for the support email.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 513

Replies: 4

Related Articles