Sunset to sunrise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sunset to sunrise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sunset to sunrise
Sunset to sunrise
2024-01-03 11:21:32
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased this unit, because during periods of high humidity, the outside breaker(GFI) would turn the power off. [Your unit sounds like a solution]. The electric is run underground to an outbuilding which has a dusk to dawn light on it (Not a smart sensor. Only controlled by light available). .My question is "If I use the Dawn to dusk feature on the TP link unit, will it interfere with the feature on the existing light? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sunset to sunrise
2024-01-03 17:41:23

@zekeflash,

If your outbuilding light works the way I think it does, where it measures the amount of light in the environment and emits a specific amount of light based on it, then I would assume that the light would simply recalculate when given power.

The KP400 will work as if you had the light attached to a light switch, as it simply cuts the power being fed to the switch. I assume that this is a typical use case for your light and would have been accounted for, but the only way to verify is through testing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Related Articles