Kasa KS240: Smart Ceiling Fan Control and Dimmer Switch

Kasa KS240: Smart Ceiling Fan Control and Dimmer Switch

25 Reply
Re:Kasa KS240: Smart Ceiling Fan Control and Dimmer Switch
2024-04-12 15:53:10

@Riley_S Any idea when the KS240 switches will get added to the Deco App?  Right now I can only manage from the Kasa IOS app.  The Deco app never discovers the KS240 but it finds all the other Kasa smart devices I own.

Options
2024-04-12 16:47:03

Hey @NCHA,

Thanks for letting us know. I will reach out to the corresponding team to see if I can get more information. The goal is for all devices from Tapo and Kasa to support the Deco App. However, this is still being developed, as you cannot set up Tapo cameras in the Deco app yet(and apparently, the Fan and Dimming Switch).

Options
2024-04-17 16:51:27
Have installed two for my ac fans and work great Any thoughts to adding a switch for dc as more fans are going that way?
Options
2024-05-09 15:13:27

bmmiller wrote

I purchased 2 of these off of Amazon and have installed 1 so far.  I want to be able to leave the LEDs on all the time to more easily see them in a dark room but the fan LED randomly turns off then on, off then on, periodically, but pretty consistently. Perhaps 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, 30 seconds on, and so on.  

Anyone else experienced this?

I have LED control set to "always on" in the settings.  

The light LED behaves as I would expect.

Honestly, during setup they flash red/white so it's clearly got at least 2 colors available. It'd be nice if a future update could give some color flexibility.  Would be nice to match the other LEDs on switches in the rooms for example.

I purchased 4 and have noticed this LED on/off behavior with 3 of them.

Options
2024-05-18 11:15:11 - last edited 2024-05-18 11:26:18

Please provide firmware change log for the update that was just released. 1.0.6 isn't there 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/ks240/#Firmware-Release-Notes

Options
2024-05-22 04:36:18

@Syphon I have only installed one fan switch but I have the same issue though I have mine set to 'auto' so the leds should be on when the fan or light is switched on and off at all other times.  However, my leds behave completely randomly.  Sometimes the light led is on when the light is off and the fan is running and vice versa.  Sometimes the leds swap places with one staying on then going off while the other pops on.  Then they swap back.  Sometimes the leds come on by themselves when both the fan and the light are off.

Options
2024-05-28 19:43:32

@Riley_S so, heres an odd duck of a question: i have a fan with a 3 speed motor but no pull chains, as it was intended to be controlled with the add on BLE receiver. I can remove the receiver from the equation and still control the fan and light separately by putting them on discreet switches, but not the fan speed. i consulted with the fan manufacturer who says that they *believe* that i can control the fan speed with this switch, but their only concern is that the fan motor will not play nicely with a rheostat. so, i cannot find any information as to the presence or absence of a rheostat in this device, and truthfully, only concerned about one in the fan motor loop at that. can someone help with this? i dont want to install and find out the hard way, but i dont mind replacing the fan altogether if thats what needs done. id just like to know before i try something dumb...

Options
2024-05-29 00:32:51

@Riley_S I am trying to wire this switch up where the fan does not have its own light however I am typing into lights in the ceiling. I am able to operate the lights fine however the fan remains powered on. I have not installed the fan yet, but the load is hot even when the fan switch is off. Is this normal? Will the fan actually power off?

Options
2024-05-29 01:02:59 - last edited 2024-05-29 01:04:15

@Brazzybraz2102 no you did something wrong. The fan is a relay that's completely off

Options
2024-05-30 17:55:10

Hey @PaLaCasa599,

Do you have a model for your fan so that we can check the specifications?
We ran a beta test for the device here, so they may have more specifics about compatibility or what would make a fan incompatible.

Options
Related Articles