Getting the Kasa App into Apple Car Play on a 2024 Ford F250 with Sync4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-01 16:45:10
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I would like to use the Kasa App from Apple Car Play on my 2024 Ford F250 with Sync4, to controll my lights from my truck.  All my tp-link lights work great from my iPhone, but clicking a button on my truck would be very cool.  Can this be done.  Does tp-link need to make it work, or Apple, or Ford?  

Thanks!

Bobby

Options
3 Reply
Re:Getting the Kasa App into Apple Car Play on a 2024 Ford F250 with Sync4
2024-03-05 00:48:01

Hey @BobCal2000,

I will definitely look into this further, however you should consider looking at the features that Apple Home offers in this realm. I believe any sort of Kasa-centric app would need to be developed by our team, and it is more likely to see similar functionality added through larger smart home platforms such as Google, Amazon, Samsung, or Apple.

You can integrate your Kasa devices and scenes into Apple Home, where you can set up automations or use the Apple Home interface to control your devices. From there you could use any of the inbuilt functions offered to try and control your devices. Unfortunately, from the looks of other threads, there are not too many options other than using the Siri Shortcuts, so you may consider also seeing if Apple Carplay has an available app for any of the smart home platforms (Google Home, Smartthings, Alexa, IFTTT) and trying to connect your TP-Link ID there.

Options
2024-03-05 15:11:07

@Riley_S 

Riley, Thanks for looking into this!  I will look into your suggestions.  Just to let you know, I both HS220 and HS200 switches I would like to control from Apple Carplay

Options
2024-03-06 04:57:59

@Riley_S - seems the first road block is Apple's own Home App is not CarPlay compatible.  Hopefully they will fix this soon.  So if you have a few web links to automate my Kasa switches in Apple's CarPlay please tell me.  Another question would be can a get my older HS200, HS210, HS230, KS230 into Apple Home?  Does TP Link make a bridge or will I need to buy all new switches?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 3

Related Articles