Introducing New Colored Smart Switches (HS200) and Dimmer (HS220)

Introducing New Colored Smart Switches (HS200) and Dimmer (HS220)

16 Reply
Re:Introducing New Colored Smart Switches (HS200) and Dimmer (HS220)
2024-06-24 02:23:25

@Riley_S I would love to see 3-way switches offered in black, that way I can do my kitchen.

Options
2024-06-26 19:06:55

Hey @Hojni,

The BT-enabled devices help dramatically with set up and will prevent your phone from having to switch networks during setup - which is where this behavior usually originates from.

Tapo devices, in general, should not have a problem connecting to networks with a mixed band network. If it is having difficulties, it is often the result of a network setting conflicting with the device's switch to 2.4GHz and may be a simple setting change - but we normally recommend configuring an IoT network so you do not have to change settings for your main network.

Furthermore, recent releases will always have more up-to-date hardware and will have a higher amount of compatibility with networks using the latest tech.

Options
2024-06-26 19:13:36

Hey @rjenk,

There has definitely been a significant increase in this type of request, and I am working with our product team to come up with a few different solutions for potential future releases. Colored switches and dimmers are still planned in our roadmap, but depending on our findings, we may have a feedback opportunity in a few months to help us understand the scale and use of colored switches/plates.

Options
2024-07-30 12:44:12

@Riley_S We need a Black Dimmer (HS220) added to this line up. Been waiting a couple years for this, hoping it would have been out by now. Not sure who's putting in Almond these days...

Options
2024-07-30 16:21:59

Hey @Bucci1584,

While I cannot provide any specifics, It is definitely on our teams' radar. Make sure to keep an eye on announcements coming over the next few month as we may be able to soon provide an update.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Riley_S When will you come out with 3-way +/- dimmer in almond?

My house is all light almond and many are 3-way.

If you have a 3-way + dimmer, it would be a slam dunk for me to buy at least a dozen of them.

Free money for you guys :)

Options
Related Articles