What if my device failed to detect the 6 GHz Wi-Fi Band

2022-07-26 11:07:58 - last edited 2023-10-12 11:26:12

6 GHz is a new frequency band ranging from 5.925 to 7.125 GHz, allowing up to 1,200 MHz of additional spectrum. Unlike the existing bands on which channels are currently crammed into the limited spectrum, the 6 GHz band exists without overlap or interference. It was first introduced to Wi-Fi 6E, and then to the latest Wi-Fi 7 Technology.

Some users might find their phone or laptop is unable to detect or connect to the 6 GHz Wi-Fi network. This article will share some tips & tricks on how to fix network devices not detecting 6 GHz band Wi-Fi signal problems.

1. Ensure the network devices support 6 GHz Wi-Fi

To use the 6 GHz Wi-Fi band, both the router or access point and the network device need to support 6 GHz, otherwise, the device can only see 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.

Below are some common wireless devices that support 6 GHz radio:

TP-Link

Wi-Fi 6E and Wi-Fi 7 Products

• For Wi-Fi 7 and Archer Wi-Fi 6E products, the 6 GHz is enabled by default.
  • For Deco Wi-Fi 6E products, please refer to this link to enable 6 GHz for clients first.
Other Brands
  • Windows 11 Laptops with 

Intel AX210/AX211/AX411
Killer AX1675X//AX1675i
MTK MT7921K/MT7922
AMD RZ608/RZ616

QCNFA765

• Apple:

iPhone15 Pro/Pro Max

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2023) or MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2023)

Mac Mini (2023)
iPad Pro 11-inch (4th generation) or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation)

• Android:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra & S22 Ultra & S23 Ultra; Galaxy Z Fold 3 & Galaxy Z Flip 3
Mi 11 & Mi 11 Ultra
ASUS ROG Phone 5 & ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Google Pixel 6 & 6 Pro
OnePlus 11

FireTV Cube

Oculus Quest3
Motorola Edge (2021)

Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Other network devices:

Amazon Fire TV Cube 

Note: The above list might not include all devices vendors or models that support 6 GHz and there will be more in the future. To make sure that the device is 6 GHz capable, it is recommended to refer to the official website of the end devices or contact the device vendor.

2. Confirm that 6 GHz has been enabled in the current area.

6 GHz has been adopted in some countries while in other areas, it is still under consideration or strictly prohibited.

Here are some countries that have opened 6 Ghz for reference.

Countries Enabling Wi-Fi 6 GHz—WiFi Alliance

Countries and Areas that opened Wi-Fi 6 GHz--TP-Link Blog

3. Update Your Phone or Driver of your Wi-Fi card.

Given that more devices are newly supported Wi-Fi 6E, it's not surprising that some smartphones or computer Wi-Fi cards need an update to support the 6 GHz Wi-Fi band.

• For mobile devices: check if a software upgrade is required in order to enable 6 GHz.
  • For PCs and Laptops: find the model of the Wi-Fi card, and go to the Wi-Fi card manufacturer's website to download and install the latest driver;  If you are using Windows, make sure it has been updated to Windows 11.

[Case Sharing] Possible Fix for Intel Wi-Fi Cards: AX210/AX211

Note:  Intel Wi-Fi card may have 6 GHz limitations in some areas, thus it's better to reach Intel support first to confirm if the driver has supported 6 GHz in your area.

If your computer is installed with network adapters using Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210/AX211 (like TP-Link PCI-E adapter TXE75E), here are some other fixes (approved to be working by some of our customers) that might help:

• Install the latest wireless intel driver for AX210 | AX211

• Try the older driver of 22.45. X for your intel AX210

Here is a post from the Intel community that shared the older 22.45.1.1 driver and the method of reinstalling the driver.

4. Put your network device closer to the Router or Access Point
The wireless signals of higher frequencies decrease faster along the propagation paths, especially through obstacles. 6 GHz Wi-Fi band can be more susceptible to physical interference like walls. If your device cannot see 6 GHz Wi-Fi, locate the client device or router closer to each other and remove the obstructions between them.

Options
9 Reply
Re:What if my device failed to detect the 6 GHz Wi-Fi Band of Wi-Fi 6E Routers
2022-08-30 04:34:36

If you have a WiFi 6E router, mesh system, or access point, and your device can't detect or connect to the 6 GHz wireless band, try the following:

Make sure that your device is WiFi 6E capable
Because the 6 GHz wireless band is newly certified, only the newest devices support it. For example, some Google and Samsung mobile devices support WiFi 6E, but Apple devices currently do not.

Enable WPA3 security
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) 3 is the latest Wi-Fi Alliance security certification. WPA3 security is mandatory for WiFi 6E devices operating in the 6 GHz wireless band. If your router, mesh system, or access point is set up to use a different WPA security version, devices cannot connect to the 6 GHz band.

Move closer to your router, mesh satellite, or access point
The 6 GHz band has a shorter range than the 5 GHz band. This means that you must be closer to your router or access point, or use a higher density of Orbi or mesh satellites for complete 6 GHz coverage.

Because of this shorter range, WiFi 6E routers, access points, and satellites must be positioned close to where you actually require the high-speed 6 GHz connection. We recommend that you avoid placing your router, access point, or satellites in places like your basement, attic, or closet.

Some devices might roam off of the 6 GHz band to the 5 GHz band when they are out of the 6 GHz range and might not automatically reconnect to the 6 GHz band when they are back in range. This is dependent on the individual device and not the router, access point, or satellite.

Reset your client device's network settings
Some WiFi client devices might experience trouble connecting to the 6 GHz band due to previously configured and saved network settings. If your device can't detect or connect to the 6 GHz band, try resetting its network settings to the factory defaults, and then reconnect to your WiFi network.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Options
2022-10-14 02:09:54

@Solla-topee 

The existing WiFi 6 (802.11ax) standard is expanded upon by WiFi 6E. All of WiFi 6's cutting-edge capabilities are available in WiFi 6E, which also gives users access to a brand-new 6GHz wifi band. The 6GHz wifi spectrum has just received certification and is only available to WiFi 6E-compatible hardware.

Try the following if your device can't identify or connect to the 6 GHz wifi band and you have a WiFi 6E router, mesh network, or access point:

Ensure your equipment is WiFi 6E capable. 
Only the most recent gadgets support the 6 GHz WiFi spectrum because it is only recently certified. For instance, while some Samsung and Google mobile devices presently support WiFi 6E, Apple products do not.

Options
2022-11-27 01:40:41

TP-Link AXE5400 - Archer AXE75 WIFI 6E Router

I found my problem to be in router configurations!

1) Make sure you have latest Intel driver installed (ie. 22.180.0.4 )

2) Make sure SSID is not Hidden under wireless 6ghz settings and shows up in WIFI internet list in task bar, might have to shut WIFI off and on a few times or reboot system till yours show up!

3) Channel width:  20/40/60/80/160Mhz

4) Enable OFDMA

5) Make sure to uncheck PSC box under wireless 6ghz settings, this reserves only higher channels for connection!

6) Disable WPS

Should connect immediately with WPA3 encryption!

Options
2022-12-09 01:53:54

@BenHeinz1

I agree with you, that's most likely the problem.

Options
2023-01-16 03:36:30

That, I agree, is most likely the issue.

Options
2023-01-28 11:22:18

@betterwound 

betterwound wrote

That, I agree, is most likely the issue.

Options
2023-01-28 11:23:00

@biofx 

Hi i bought the ax300 16000 in us but 6e isnt show.

I have many thing at Home wich accept 6e

Like rog flow x13

Vivo x fold plus

And pixel 7 Ultra

IS it because i bought it in us and frequency dont be compatible with x300 16000 wich release in France in Time ?

Its really the x300 16000. The last from tplink.

If someone have explication ....if its the band i'll return it but if its other.

I have 1.60 version

Thks everybody

Options
2023-01-28 12:23:17

biofx wrote

@biofx 

Hi i bought the ax300 16000 in us but 6e isnt show.

I have many thing at Home wich accept 6e

Like rog flow x13

Vivo x fold plus

And pixel 7 Ultra

IS it because i bought it in us and frequency dont be compatible with x300 16000 wich release in France in Time ?

Its really the x300 16000. The last from tplink.

If someone have explication ....if its the band i'll return it but if its other.

I have 1.60 version

Thks everybody

@biofx Have you checked all the suggestions in the thread already, but still no device can detect the 6G signal of the AXE300?

If that is the case, would you mind sending the config file on your AXE300 to support.forum@tp-link.com, then our support engineers will help check the settings on the AXE300?

Options
Re:What if my device failed to detect the 6 GHz Wi-Fi Band
2023-10-17 07:18:36

@Solla-topee 

Your guide provides valuable information on enabling and troubleshooting 6 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It's important for users to ensure that both their network devices and the routers/access points support the 6 GHz band, including afiyu to take advantage of its benefits. Additionally, checking if 6 GHz is enabled in their region and keeping their devices and drivers updated are crucial steps to ensure a smooth experience.

Users who encounter issues with 6 GHz Wi-Fi should follow your suggestions, such as checking device compatibility, verifying regional regulations, and updating drivers. The proximity of the network device to the router or access point is also a key consideration, as physical obstructions can impact signal strength and connectivity.

Overall, this guide offers a comprehensive approach to addressing 6 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity problems and is a valuable resource for those looking to make the most of this technology, including  "Afiyu Kent"              

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 8413

Replies: 9

Related Articles